Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Personal Learning Network - Google Reader


I had never heard of google reader before this class, and I am excited about this new discovery. I definitely waste a lot of time checking my friends' blogs to see if there is anything new, so this could save me a lot of time!

The blogs/resources that I chose for this assignment are:

1. Jim Burke's blog He has written some books for teachers and also started the English Companion Ning, which is a great online community for English teachers. He seems to update his blog frequently and I hope to see some good ideas.

2. The Book Whisperer This is a blog I found on a teacher publication site which might be promising. She seems to post booklists and ideas for reluctant readers.

3. Enhanced English Teacher This is a blog I found about using technology in an English teaching classroom.

4. Families and Literacy This is a blog put together by the BYU library which features websites, tips, and other information to promote literacy.

5. My View From Here My mom is an English teacher, and I knew she had several different blogs. This is the one she uses to write her thoughts about English teaching in general.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, now that I know that you are following my blog, I'll have to start posting more stuff on it. Nice blogging, Alison.

    ReplyDelete