Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekly Participation - The end of paperbacks?


As usual, Apple's latest gadget (in this case, the "ipad") is getting lots of press coverage and hype. We have discussed it a little bit in this class as well. Personally, I'm not so sure how I feel about books moving digital. Sure, it was love at first sight with my ipod (I have included photographic proof) -- but I have always enjoyed flipping through the concrete, physical pages of a book. At the same time, I can see some intriguing possibilities with this and other similar devices, such as the Kindle. It would definitely save me some back problems to just have one sleek screen to carry in my backpack instead of 60 pounds of textbooks. I think at this point I am still in wait and see mode...

No comments:

Post a Comment