Monday, April 26, 2010

Final Blog Reflection

I think that the ideas from the lesson plan we created for the IIC competition will be most beneficial for engaging my future students in active learning. Although I'm not sure if I would use the exact same approach, I have already been thinking of ways I could use Diigo to help my students keep better track of internet research they will be doing next year. I also think MindMeister or a similar program could really be helpful because of the flexibility it offers students and the visual way it represents the organization of one's thoughts.

Both of these technologies engage students in active learning because they require the students themselves to interact with the texts and technologies and take ownership for their own learning. This class has opened my mind to many new ideas for using the resources available online and other programs to support the learning objectives I want to achieve in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment