Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekly Participation - EBAY!


So, my husband cracked up this week when I told him, "I just discovered the greatest thing--ebay!" Of course, I already knew about ebay. But, what I didn't know was that you can get amazing deals on books if you buy them in bulk. If you are looking for one specific book it's not so great because you pretty much have to pay at least $3 shipping on everything. However, if you are just trying to accumulate a lot of books in a hurry (like me) you can find some great deals. For example, I got a set of 80 Newbery books for $40 + $16.42 shipping. $56.42 seems like a lot up front, but I think 70 cents for a Newbery book is a pretty sweet deal. I also got another lot of 100 miscellaneous middle grade books for $40.36 total (40 cents each). The only problem now is where I am going to find a place to store all of these lovely books until I get my own classroom! Also, there is the problem of getting a little too carried away in the excitement of bidding for awesome collections. I think it's now time for a little ebay detox... but it was sure fun while it lasted. :)

1 comment:

  1. This is bad, very bad, Alison. Now I'm going to get sucked into this too! ;-)

    ReplyDelete