Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekly Participation - English Companion Ning


I mentioned the English Companion Ning in my gospel insight presentation. This is a social networking site I have already found to be useful in getting ideas for teaching. There are currently 12,438 members from all over the country (and probably the world, too!) There are several groups, which are basically more focused dicsussion forums. Some example are "Teaching Texts," "Adolescent Literature," and "New Teachers." Another neat feature of this site are the monthly book clubs. Each month the ning features a particular professional book and the author hosts discussions. A popular book in English Teaching classes lately is Kelly Gallagher's Readicide. This book was featured in May and members can look back through the archives. I enjoyed reading this book and looking through the discussion was a great way to go deeper into the ideas I had read about.

1 comment:

  1. Alison, thanks for sharing this site. I bookmarked it in Diigo so I can share it with future semesters. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete